Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

How to lock car door when running and key fob is in my pocket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 03:29 PM
Default How to lock car door when running and key fob is in my pocket?

How do you lock the car when key fob is with me? Like when I go into a store to get a drink and want to leave my car running?
what I’ve tried: getting outside car when key fob is in and out of range, lock the door before shutting it (it just becomes unlocked again), and having someone sit inside the car to see if it locks when key fob is out of range(It doesn’t).
2011 Sonata Limited (picture’s below)

Old 03-16-2020, 04:45 AM

I believe that is a safety feature to prevent children from being left in a running vehicle.
Not sure if that is a changeable feature.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:05 AM
Default Use your key

When you get out of the running car, manually lock it with the key in the fob, all doors should lock. You will have to unlock it manually also. If you're unsure, have someone sit in the car to put your mind at ease.

Old 08-10-2023, 04:32 AM

It's interesting to see how concerns like these remain relevant over the years. Dealing with leaving your car running while ensuring its safety can be a puzzle. With the key fob technology in most modern cars, it's a security feature to prevent lockouts, but I can see how it could be tricky in situations where you just want a quick stop. Your attempts to lock the car while the fob is inside show how these systems are designed to prevent locking with the fob inside the vehicle. In cases like these, exploring remote start options might be worth considering if your car supports it. This would allow you to keep the car running while keeping the doors locked. Also, it's worth noting that if you ever need car shipping services, car shipping america seems to offer a solution. It's great when technological and service solutions can simplify various aspects of life.

Last edited by TylerBrooks; 08-12-2023 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by TylerBrooks
It's interesting to see how concerns like these remain relevant over the years. Dealing with leaving your car running while ensuring its safety can be a puzzle. With the key fob technology in most modern cars, it's a security feature to prevent lockouts, but I can see how it could be tricky in situations where you just want a quick stop.
I lock my car each and everytime I get out, even if it is for a quick pick up of a drink..