HYUNDA OWNER SATISFACTION AND QUALITY ??? - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:55 AM

Default HYUNDA OWNER SATISFACTION AND QUALITY ???

Hello
I'm not 100% satisfied with Hyundai. They claim owner satisfaction and quality.
I think if they want to claim quality they should lear fuel tank design.They should also lear some suspension tecnology.Last How about removin gthe intake manifold to change spark plugs in the 6 cylinder engines.It costs about $800 to change spark plugs.
I'm not convinced quality and poor design are linked.
Hyundai admits the fuel tanks on the Sonatas have no baffels.They have no plans to fix the problem.I should of stuck with Honda.The know how to build and design cars.
I called Consumer affairs at Hyundai. They admit the design flaw.However they are not workiing on a fix. I had a new gas tank installed.Same problem.The suspension is very noisey and the car floats at high speed.
My advise to any new Sonata buyer. test drive it with a full tank and go over some bumpy roads.I guess you get what you pay for.

Unhappy John