Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

My Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Default My Headlights

I need some help with this before I lose my mind! I have a 1999 Hyundai Sonata and been having major problems with my front headlights. I've replaced the bulbs many many times and it's been too costly and it's not solving the problem. Of course I have absolutely no idea about car besides driving them. Today, we had checked the fuses under the left stearing wheel and underneath the hood in the black box. The only fuse that was blown was the horn. We replaced that fuse today onlyto bring the car home and the horn went onwith me in the house. We finally stopped the horn problem by removing the blown fuse. So, now I have no horn, headlights, and brights operating. The battery is basically new so I don't believe that's the problem. I was wondering if it could be the light switch on the steering column.This problem has been going on for years and normally it would be one bulb that would go out on the right side of the car and then the other side would go out. I always had at least one working and my brights always worked. Now all that is working is my parking lights, signalsand my back lights are fine.Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Joe