Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

No Air bag light comes on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Default No Air bag light comes on...

Hi...my 2005 Sonata warning light when you first turn the key on no longer comes on. Anyone have any idea what would cause this? Would the OBDII units at Autozone tell me anything or is there any other way to get codes. The fuse in the under dash fuse box is good..... Thanks in advance. Swampy Otherwise, the car is great......

Old 02-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Default RE: No Air bag light comes on...

Try www.auto-diagnostic-codes.com you might find something there. Chris.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Default RE: No Air bag light comes on...

Thanks for reply Chris.....I checked there but it seems to target Ford Chevy and a few others but not Hyundai's....... I'm betting they all read similiar in how they do it so I'll continue reading on it all there....Something might tip me off. I'd be out under it now but wind chill here right now is - 6 below so gotta hold till the wind dies down...... I have a Elantra and have never had a problem with it, and its got 85k on it now.... Only 8k on this sonata 2005....The down side is I got it off a friend who works for insurace company....so its a rebuilt and I guess the Warranty don't follow them after a rebuilt title is on the, even though it was just backed into by a truck bed and cleaned off the front fender and hood, bumper and side drivers door...Not frame damage or engine damage except for the fuse box cover under the hood......very lucky that way.......... So I have to fix it myself unless no other option...The local Hyundai here is not mans best friend.....I usually go to one 60 miles away...Very good service there, just pricey......

Swampy