Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

parking lights turn on by themselves

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Default parking lights turn on by themselves

I came home tonight to see my son's 2003 Sonata with the parking lights on. He is travelling for a few weeks and left the car with us. We have not driven it for about a week, and the keys are in a desk drawer where they have not been disturbed.

Every night I check to see if the car is OK, so I know the lights were not somehow left on. So to see them on this evening was a pretty big surprise for me. I got the keys, started the car and turned it off, locked the car, and checked to see if the lights went out, which they did.

When I started the car, it did not seem to start up any differently than normal. I do wonder just how long the lights had been on.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? Is it perhaps because it has been sitting without being driven? Is it possible that someone has cloned the door fob?

One curious addition... my son just recently installed an after market Sony radio. While doing the install, he could not get the car to start. He replaced the factory radio, the car still would not start. So he decided to go ahead, re-install the new radio and call the Hyundai dealership to correct the starting problem. Guess what, it started right up, and he had no other problems after that. Could there be a connection?

Thanks for your ideas.

Daniel

Last edited by daniel2229; 08-06-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-25-2016, 01:52 AM

Some one was in the car and did not turn the lights off when they left or the car gremlins were restless.