Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Problem with Blackberry in 2011 Sonata

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Default Got Verison Tour to work

ve to say the names in my directory backwards for the voice name command o work. Thanks for all the tips on this forum

Old 02-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Default Blackberry/Sonota pairing issue

I took the advise of archkk posted on 1/25 and disabled the encryption option. First pair the phone, go to device properties, and disable the encryption option. I did this on 2/16 and the phone has paired every time I get in the vehicle. Anyway, this suggestion worked.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 PM

I have the non-Nav option radio and have no issues connecting my MetroPCS BlackBerry Curve 8530. I do find it easier to use the phone to pick the contact to call and hit send.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:18 PM

Hey guys. My name is Rich W. and I work at Oxmoor Hyundai in Louisville, KY.

It's been my experience that the easiest way to fix the pairing failed loop on a Blackberry is actually to follow these steps:

1. Delete the phone from the bluetooth system in the car and delete the car from the bluetooth system in the Blackberry.

2. Pair the Blackberry to the car

3. -- THE MOST IMPORTANT PART -- During the pairing process you will see a menu that will ask you if you want to connect the Blackberry to the car. The box says "yes" or "no" but also has a check box below them that says "Don't ask me again". YOU MUST CHECK THE CHECKBOX OR THE BLACKBERRY WILL REJECT THE CAR AND FAIL PAIRING OVER AND OVER AGAIN". In some cases, that check box is actually below the visible area of the screen of the Blackberry and you will have to scroll down to see it.

4. After that, everything should connect now and whenever you get into the car in the future.

Hope this helps guys!

--Rich

Old 02-27-2011, 07:58 PM
Default Thanks

I clicked on the box you recommended and now the phone pairs everytime without any action by me.....just like it should. Thanks a ton for tha help

Old 03-10-2011, 02:26 PM

I too had terribly garbled response to dial by name bluetooth in my new 2011 Santa Fe GLS, while dial by number worked fine. Since some of the barely recognizable names were being spat out in reverse, I decided to attempt voice dial again, this time using reverse order; last name first and then first name. Eureka! Works perfectly!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Thumbs up Blackberry not working on 2011 sonata solved

I spent many hours at the dealer and also on my own trying to figure out how to fix the "Pairing Failed" problem on my 2011 Sonata.
someone here said that all you need to do is go to your phone and "Disable" the Encryption under the device properties!
After you disable it, do the "set-up" add phone and then after your phone has been paired, turn the car off and then turn it back on. Good luck and enjoy your 2011 Sonata.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Default Re: Blackberry does not pair w/Hyundai Sonata (fixed)

Re: Blackberry does not pair w/Hyundai Sonata (fixed)

My Blackberry 8530 actually worked fine with the radio that came with my new 2011 Sonata (turbo, that I bought in October of 2010) but because of other problems with the radio (buttons sticking and the sound blaring when the car started, even with the radio turned off), I had to replace the radio. Unfortunately, when I got the new radio installed, my BB 8530 would no longer pair consistently, giving me that constant stream of “pairing failed” notices once/second. And, I personally believe that this is a safety issue.
Anyway, after repeated attempts to delete my Bluetooth connections and re-pair my BB with my Sonata, and trying several of the “fixes” I found online, I finally stumbled on what worked for me. This may not work for you, as I have a strange feeling that each radio is now unique in some strange way and you may have to figure out what works with yours.
So, I deleted the BT connection from both the Sonata and the BB. Then I turned off the car and turned off the phone (starting clean with each one).
Then I went through the normal pairing function, as described in the manual and described pretty well in these forums. This, of course, resulted in a pairing failure later that day, and gave me the “pairing failed” message once/second.
I then deleted the BB8530 connection item from the Sonata again (while leaving the Sonata item on the Blackberry). This, I think, is the key to my success. Do not delete the connection from your phone; just remove the other side of it, on the Sonata). Then, on the Blackberry, I went in to both the “options” and “device properties” of the Blackberry (Sonata connection item) and set the following: (Note, these are settings on the BB, not on the car)
Options:
- Discoverable - No
- Allow outgoing calls - Always
- Contacts transfer – (I use selected categories only, but all entries can work)
- -LED indicator = On
- Security level - High
- Connect on power up - No
- All services are checked except Headset, Desktop Connectivity, and Wireless Bypass, but even these services will probably work, too
Device Properties:
- Trusted – Yes
- Encryption – Disabled
- Echo Control – Automatic
Next, I rebooted my Blackberry (after saving the selections above).
Lastly, I restarted the Sonata, and told it to re-pair up with the Blackberry. And, so far, after several days, this seems to still be working for me, including all voice dialing commands, etc.
If you’re having this kind of issue, I can only wish you well.
- Dave

Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 AM

I have the "connection failed" message which shows up everytime I try to pair up my BB Bold after my wife has been in the car and successfully paired her BB Storm. I tried the disabled encryption step which didn't work. The problem was resolved the first time by deleting my BB from the bluetooth and setting it back up again. It then worked fine for a few days until my wife used the car and bluetooth again and the problem returned. Having only had the car for 3 weeks this is annoying to say the least! I have emailed my sales rep at Hyundai but so far nothing back from them. I read on another forum that an owner with this problem ended up having his audio system replaced. Seems drastic for a new car? What's up with this technology? Shouldn't it be foolproof?

Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Default BlackBerry Curve 8520

Originally Posted by kiski
I had the same problem with a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on T-Mobile. Mine wasn't "approved" either. I solved the problem by getting an HTC Droid...connects and re-connects every time. Life's too short - just get a new phone that works. I do think their "Bluetooth" advertising should have a disclaimer stating it will not work with all phones.

I had same problem with my Blackberry 8520 and I Played with seting on BB so I got it to work even is not on the list of "approved". Here is what I did:

SELECT Manage Connections
CLICK on BlackBarry button to show menu
SELECT Options
At options screen make sure you have set this values:
Discoverable: Yes
Allow Outgoing Calls: Always
Contact Transfer: All Entries
LED Connection Indicator: On
Security Level: High
Connect On Power Up: Yes
Services:
Headset Checked
Handsfree: Checked
Rest of services unchecked

Save this settings (CLICK on BlackBarry button to show menu and select save)

Once you pared Sonata and BlackBerry
SELECT Manage Connections
Higlight Sonata
CLICK on BlackBarry button to show menu
SELECT Device Properties
At Device Properties screen make sure you have set this values:
Trusted: Yes
Encryption: Disabled
Echo Control: Off

Save this settings (CLICK on BlackBarry button to show menu and select save)

Hope this info helps: