Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Problem with Customer Care for Hyundai Sonata?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Default Problem with Customer Care for Hyundai Sonata?

Has anyone had issues with Customer Connect at Hyundai? I am finding the customer service that Hyundai touts to be some of the worst I have experienced. For example, I had service performed on my vehicle on 10/25/2011 at which time a $50 gift card should have been sent to me after 30 days for the trouble of the service. As of 1/31/2012 I still have not seen it.
I have called 12/15/11, 12/27/2011, 1/6/2012, 1/13/2012 and 1/31/2012. Each time I am told I will get a call back within 3-4 days. Each time I am not called. I then call again, at which point I am told they are "researching". Now I am being told this has been sent to the "region" and that they HAVE NO CONTROL OVER it as it is OUT OF THEIR HANDS! How can their own service case be "out of their hands?" I ask for a number to contact the "region" and I am told they don't have a number and the only way Customer Connect can reach them is via email. I have never heard of a customer support group not having access to their own internal groups. This puts the customer in a bad place as apparently, the "region" never even follows up with their own group and the customer issue is never resolved. (one person I spoke to hinted that this a separate company and when I called her on it, quickly back-tracked and said she should have said department)
Anyone else having issues with service and in particular not getting their promotional card?
In addition, I had called support at one point inquiring about the nature of the service campaigns issues for my vehicle (the TG5, TG6, etc) and they REFUSED to tell me what this was about, even though they sent the letter to me notifying me that I needed to have service performed. Even questioned me on why I was calling them and how I got their number - I replied it was on THEIR letter telling me to call if I had questions! They wouldn't even answer my questions. Needless to say, my experience with the vehicle and their service is less than stellar.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

I think you must be calling the wrong people. I don't know if any Hyundai promotion of a $50 gift card for getting service done. My guess is it's a local dealer promotion. I'd call the dealership that did the service. I'd also suggest calling the service department of the dealership about the service campaigns done on your car. I doubt the customer support people at Hyundai know the technical details about them.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 AM

Actually, I'm not. The letter from Hyundai detailing the work and the info on the $50 promo card includes the number I have been calling. In addition, my dealer/service center has told me this is Hyundai corporate as they have entered in the system the information that the service was performed.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by tpeeler
Actually, I'm not. The letter from Hyundai detailing the work and the info on the $50 promo card includes the number I have been calling. In addition, my dealer/service center has told me this is Hyundai corporate as they have entered in the system the information that the service was performed.
Do you have a Sonata Hybrid as those were for it. I got my $50 card from corporate about 3 weeks after TG5, TG6, and TG8 were done on my Hybrid.