Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Problems/ REPOST!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Default Problems/ REPOST!!!!!

mysteriously my post has been deleted from this page, here is a recap. i own a 2006hyundai sonata gls v6 in sept. my car was in the shop for 14 days due to the transmission bolts coming loose and rattling around inside the transmission housing i was on 95 south doing 75mph when the check engine light came on and the car began to shake and lose power, car sounded like a diesel that needed a tune up, was told by the hyundai tech/ repairman that no damage was done to the transmission, dec. 2006 car in shop for 2 daysbecause the power streerring pump went bad, was again told that the car was ok to drive in this condition and no damage was done to the sterring!!!!, any one with a similar experience please leave a postthe owners of this make and model or those considering buying should be made aware. of these PROBLEMS!!!!!! thanks hyundai nation!!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Problems/ REPOST!!!!!

Try a different dealer. Due to the heritage of Hyundai in the U.S. (i.e, no one wanted to sell them at first), they tend to not have strong control over their dealers and therefore there is a fair amount of variance from one dealer to the next in the way they treat you.

If that doesn't work, call Hyundai corporate (number in your owners manual).

Good luck.