Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Roaring Sonata Custom Dual Exhaust!, Custom Dual Cherry Bomb Exhaust for Sonata 4 Cyl

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Default Roaring Sonata Custom Dual Exhaust!, Custom Dual Cherry Bomb Exhaust for Sonata 4 Cyl

For more details my original post is at: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t38917-2009-...tom-exhaust.htm

I just uploaded a new video of the custom quasi-dual exhaust on my 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4 Cylinder. It has mellowed out a little bit since it has broken in. The Cherry Bombs Turbos sound pretty good, however they ping noticeably after I turn off the engine and they start cooling down. Link to the video is listed below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX7zAMFQC_U

Old 09-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Default Dual Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler Exhaust

Here is how the exhaust sounds while I am driving the car :

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...id=FnBfLCljAhQ

Old 09-05-2009, 01:31 PM

Sorry that was from the edit page...here is the actual link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnBfLCljAhQ

Old 09-11-2009, 01:00 PM

I'm trying to understand where you're coming from by going to a louder exhaust.
What were your reasons for buying a Sonata in the first place? Mine were warranty, comfort-refinement, interior and exterior styling...in that order.

I like having a dead-quiet interior and wouldn't want to risk losing that.

Did your parents possibly buy you the car and now your trying to make it more sporty?

Either way, I'm glad you're happy with the exhaust. I've been there (on a different make of car) and it took a couple of different combinations until I found something I really liked.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Since the I4 wasn't as smooth or as quiet as I wanted it to be I decided to jazz it up a little bit AND I wanted a dual exhaust.

I actually didn't want it to be as loud as it was but AND my first attempt was a nightmare. I had dual Magnaflows and the car droned so much I couldn't even drive it. I wound up having to get the exhaust completely redone a week later) However...since I changed out the Magnaflows for the Cherry Bomb Turbos and added a 15 inch bullet resonator the car is a lot more quiet and it has grown on me. It has also made the car more fun to drive. Prior to getting the exhaust mod the vehicle was completely boring to drive.

The V6 is quiet and refined (had that combination in the Santa Fe SE I traded in) however it wasn't in my budget if I was going to get a fully loaded Sonata Limited and I wanted the improved gas mileage of the 4 cylinder.

Last edited by sduff68; 09-12-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:50 AM

Some of us gear heads love the sound, but we were raised on Muscle-Cars, cruising Woodward, doing the circuit, you know who you are... That never goes away.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 AM

Woodward & Telegraph in Detroit, 108th St in Milwaukee, Shadeland Ave in Indy, Chicago's south side... yeah. I remember them. I was just up at the Woodward Dream Cruise with my '70 Mach 1. There were only 48 states when I was born, so I remember very well....

The rumble of a FE Ford, Chevy Rat, or MOPAR wedge is waaaaaay different than a 140 cu in of in-line 4-banger. At least you didn't put a 5" fart-pipe on the thing.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Jim in Indy
The rumble of a FE Ford, Chevy Rat, or MOPAR wedge is waaaaaay different than a 140 cu in of in-line 4-banger. At least you didn't put a 5" fart-pipe on the thing.
Quoted for truth.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Oh yes you know what I meant, and even 2 cylinders can sound good if you do it right... Hard to beat the V8, but worth trying.

Attached Thumbnails Roaring Sonata Custom Dual Exhaust!, Custom Dual Cherry Bomb Exhaust for Sonata 4 Cyl-57-ford-rf.jpg  
Old 09-26-2009, 04:24 PM

I must admit, you can't beat the rumble of a V8 or a Harley V-Twin.

Quick Reply: Roaring Sonata Custom Dual Exhaust!, Custom Dual Cherry Bomb Exhaust for Sonata 4 Cyl