Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Sonata Nf20 2.0l P0068 with Stored Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Default Sonata Nf20 2.0l P0068 with Stored Check engine light

I have an engine light with code P0068 MAP/MAF correlation I cleaned the sensor and the plug and I checked the throttle body it's clean and shine I cleaned the plug for the TPS sensor after I cleared the code still on after I start the car, and in the morning engine can't hold the idle I have to push the gas padel for a while . ANY HELP ?

Old 03-18-2020, 01:18 PM

What that code is telling us is, there is not rational info coming to the computer regarding where the throttle position is and the amount of air entering the engine.

If the Mass Air Flow sensor is defective no amount of cleaning will fix that.
Since the engine does respond, it could mean the throttle position circuit is working as required.
You might check for a possible leak for air to get into the engine without being measured by the MAF sensor. That could be a big vacuum leak, or possibly stuck open PCV valve or broken hose.
If you unplug the MAF sensor and then start the engine what do you get?

Old 03-18-2020, 01:46 PM

I have checked for vacuum leak no hols or cuts, I will check the PCV valve and I will try to start the car without the map sensor to see what happen will you tell me what are the scenarios I will get when I start the car with map sensor unplugged

Old 03-18-2020, 02:27 PM

I have checked for vacuum leak no hols or cuts, I will check the PCV valve and I will try to start the car without the map sensor to see what happen will you tell me what are the scenarios I will get when I start the car with map sensor unplugged

Old 03-18-2020, 06:53 PM

Reminder, don't unplug the MAF with the key on.
When we unplug the MAF, the PCM substitutes a set of fixed values or relies on input from the other sensors and tries to keep the engine running smoothly. Of course you will get the check engine lite for doing this.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:24 AM

I have cleaned the throttle body and installed still throwing the same code P0068, I started the engine and unplugged the MAP sensor nothing happened the engine still the same.
Any idea you think I should replace the map sensor

Old 03-19-2020, 01:23 PM

We always make sure to check power and grounds to a component and signal from component to computer before replacing. If they check out OK, then usually the component is malfunctioning. When you cannot do that , yes you can replace it , but if that doesn't correct the problem what now ?

Old 03-20-2020, 03:15 AM

I have checked the voltage for the connection ground are perfect gave me 12 volte when tested key off, and it gave me 5 volte when key on engine off, I checked the TPS whit scan tool reading 0.0 at idle and it moves to 100 as I press the gas, MAP sensor reading 101 kpr when key on engine off as I start the engine the reading decreased to 33kpr and 44 at engine idle,and whe I press the gas it decreased, by the way this engine use MAP and MAF as one sensor there is no sensor after the air filter housing

Old 03-20-2020, 01:43 PM

There is something I find puzzling,
If you are getting 12 volts on the same wire you get 5 volts after you turn the key on
There should be 0 volts at that wire with the key off, Do I understand you correctly?

Old 03-20-2020, 02:11 PM

Just to clear 12v matter i test the ground wire for continuity by using red cable of voltmeter to the positive battery and the black cable to the ground of the sensor connector plug so i know there is good connection in the ground cable, i did some search on google people said that this code P0068 related to 2 TPS sensor the throttle body and the throttle actuator control i don't know if it is true, and some people said it's the MAP sensor reading is not acurate the mian issue is in the throttle body area there is 3 sensore idle air control IAC sensor and the TPS position sensor.

What do you thing does it make sense

Quick Reply: Sonata Nf20 2.0l P0068 with Stored Check engine light