Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

car took a dump on me

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Default car took a dump on me

ok, heres the deal,2001 tibby,car was running fine, then once i pulled into my apt.(luckily) it just died on me. all electrical still works, car still cranks, but wont turn over. basically it just seems like it isn't getting spark, so i think maybe the coil/coil pack may have taken a crap but i dont' know. the car has 100K on it. what do you all think? Its just weird because it was running fine, so it had to have been something that once it goes its gone. hope someone can give me an idea.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: car took a dump on me

I hope the timing belt didn't break. Did you test the coils yet to make sure it was electrical?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 AM

well just my luck, apt complex had my car towed because no one communicateslets so i haven't had a chance to test the coils. but letsjust say that if the timing belt broke, would i hear the top end get destroyed, even when cranking? that was the first thing i thought but when the timing belt snaps i know it bends the valves and basically destroys the top end and i figured i'd hear something getting screwed up. if thats the case i'd probably be better off just buying a different engine or if i found a complete head with all valves, cams, ect, would that fix the problem, its gonna be alot of work regardless. but anyway, lets hope thats not the case, but i'm prepared for the worst.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 AM

car i fine now, was just a main fuse that blew

Old 04-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

GREAT NEWS!! Glad it was something simple.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

But why did it blow? Too much thumpy-thumpy from the stereo maybe?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:10 PM

no, it blew because of an 02 sensor, the front isn't hooked up and the second is bad, but won't read anyway, so they guessed that the front plug got wet from all the rain we've been getting and caused a short.
I don't beleive in huge stereo systems, they anoy me, they weigh the car down, can blow fuse's, and shake a car apart. Nice crisp sound with good mids,highs, and lows are all i need. I'm an opinionated bastard though, lol.