Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

hey redzman

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:22 AM
Default RE: hey redzman

ORIGINAL: scott

So either Next tuesday or the tuesday after i should recieve it. Why is the bbtb so exp. I would buy it now but the price is high sorry. I really wany to order it to finish my work. With the cool air and new cam with the bbtb i think that might be all I need.
If i should do somthing else let me know.
No, it should SHIP next tuesday, maybe this thursday, Korea time.

The BBTB is expensive because the exhange rate sucks right now.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Administrator

are you not a fan of the Ripp parts redzman?

Old 05-18-2005, 03:49 PM

Thanks for clearing that up with me. I will buy the bbtb but i need to save some cash. I will be ordering the rear strut bar soon. We really got this thread going. I will attempt to do the throttle body bypass I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:11 PM

I looked through the diy for the throttle body very easy and very well done on your part. Only one question, should i wait till i get a bbtb or should i just make the U with the hoses and replace the throttle body later. I am really not sure.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

are you not a fan of the Ripp parts redzman?
LOL

Did I ever say anything about RIPP? Actually, I like those guys, just wish they'd do a SC system with some decent results for the Beta crowd. Hyundai wants the Delta promoted though, so that's what they work on.

Thanks for clearing that up with me. I will buy the bbtb but i need to save some cash. I will be ordering the rear strut bar soon. We really got this thread going. I will attempt to do the throttle body bypass I'll let you know how it goes.
No problem mang. Do you have a front bar yet?

Check the For Sale section at RD and Hyundaiperformance.com often, there's always folks selling stuff.

I looked through the diy for the throttle body very easy and very well done on your part. Only one question, should i wait till i get a bbtb or should i just make the U with the hoses and replace the throttle body later. I am really not sure.
No, do it now. Might as well get the gains while you can eh? LOL While it's not gonna add much HP wise, it will keep you from losing power after you have been running for some time.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:47 PM

I do have the front bar. Do you think I'll feel the dif if i just get the rear one also. I read what you said about the cool hoses but is it really worth it to do?
What have you done or no about these things,
1) Changing from OBD2 To OBD1
2) Flashing the ecu
3) Any chips
Should I really try to get a 1.8L ecu from a 1998 elantra, I mean is it worth it?

Old 05-18-2005, 11:17 PM

Yeah, you'll feel a big difference with each bar.

Coolant hoses are a MUSt if you want to keep your pep when the car gets warm.

1. No, you can't swap ODB, why would you want to?

2. No one in the US currently flashes our ECU, that should be changing soon. The 1.8L ECU from a 1998 Elantra or Tiburon is a GOOD swap though.

3. One company makes a chip for our ECU's but it causes a CEL.

Yes, it's worth it. I've got one and am picking one up for the wife's tib.

Old 05-19-2005, 02:12 AM

i just ordered the rear sway just now, when do u think it will go out.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:15 AM

Same, probably next Tuesday.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:17 PM

hey, today i put in the 1.8L cam and everything went perfect. But i do have to say that i feal a slower acceleration. I did not have time to reset my ecu(I will) and i need oil change. I am curious to your reaction. If i get a 1.8 Ecu will it work better with the cam, or what ? The sound with the cai AND CAM is GREAT.

Quick Reply: hey redzman