Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Im in a little bit of a pickle here and i dont know the least bit about cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Default Im in a little bit of a pickle here and i dont know the least bit about cars

i recently purchased a 2003 huyndai tiburon and i have 2 questions

1. when i hit the speed of just about exactly 50 i hear a hum in the back left part of the car
does anyone have any idea what thats all about?

2. i really want it to be pretty quick i understand its not and s.t.i or anything
but some reasonable speed would be great so my question is what could i do or
what have you guys done to make your tiburons faster?

thanks

=]

Old 04-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Im in a little bit of a pickle here and i dont know the least bit about cars

1. Probably a wheel bearing. Not uncommon for Tiburons.

2. A CAI or SRI intake. Any CAI will be good but if you go with an SRI, do NOT get one from AEM. It is just a filter placed on the end of the MAF. The best SRI is made by Injen and places the filter behind the headlight for better cold air access. Other ideas are a cat-back exhaust, headers or even a supercharger.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the Tibby.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Default RE: Im in a little bit of a pickle here and i dont know the least bit about cars

Another idea is, if the tiburon is a manual, get a lightwieght flywheel, by far the best upgrade i've done for just freeing up power. Remember though, CAI, catback exhaust, flywheels, ect. those aren't giving you power, they are just freeing up what power is being robbed by factory specs. Superchargers, turbos, nitrous, or actual engine work, those give you power.
If you really want a quick burst of power, buy a wet nos kit. best bang for your buck, but if they aren't used right or used too much, you will fry your engine, but that goes with anything.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

^^^ Good advice. I will also add to that the suggestion of lightweight and/or underdrive pulleysto also "free up" horsepower.