Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Sony Mex R5

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Default Sony Mex R5

Hi Guys,

Tiburon 2.7 2005 model.

I recently bought a Sony Mex R5 head unit and have a problem.

All installed and working apart from one thing. That is, I configure the clock, bass, treble settings and the next morning I turn on and it has lost all of its settings - back to factory settings! I have done this 3/4 times but the same results.

I wonder if this is related to power somewhere? My tib has standard ISO connectors; one for speakers and the other for power - I plugged the sony ISO leads; one into the speaker iso on the car and the other into the power iso on the car. All worked apart from maintaining its settings.

Do I need to re-wire any permanent power to the head unit - I would have thought the ISO connectors were already wired with this.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Menacez

Old 02-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Default RE: Sony Mex R5

ok mate on some stereos you need to swap the red ignition wire with the yellow permanent wire or vice versa. i noticed this quite alot as in the uk we fit sony,s as standard depending on customer requirements.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Default RE: Sony Mex R5

You should check your battery. I have a 2003 Tiburon and it did the same thing. The clock would reset and any other settings I had would be reset to the factory settings. Turns out the battery just needed to be replaced.