Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Tiburon factory fitted (VDO) stereo problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Default Tiburon factory fitted (VDO) stereo problem

Hi All,

Bought my Hyundai Tiburon (Coupe in UK), this June and since August had an issue with the factory car stereo manufactured by VDO (logo).

The problem is that everytime I play a CD, the right side both front (including tweeter) and back speaker cuts out intermittantly - leaving me with sound from the left side only.

At first I thought it is only a connection problem however, when I switch to radio all speakers on the right come back to life again! This issue has never occurred while the radio is on (playing for hours on end).
It is only while the CD is playing. I have tried multiple CDs (bought and not a cdr(w) or anything) but get the same results.

I've been through the car stereo faults on the hmaservice.com site but it only talks about loose connections. I have physically verified all connectors back of speakers and back of stereo but still the same.

As I say, in my case it is only when the CD is in use that intermittantly, all right speakers cut off.

Any thoughts, tips and expert advise is much appreciated :3_yes:

Thanks,
Menacez