Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

turbo/performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Default turbo/performance

I am looking into a turbo for my 2001 tiburon. I wanted to know if it was worth it, and what i would need.

I also wanted to know of any thing else to inprove hp.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Default RE: turbo/performance

hey there scott...i have never seen a turbo tib...however...i know that Ripp Mods makes supercharger kits specifically for the Tib...i would check them out...

Old 04-01-2005, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the help if you know of any other performance up grades let me know

Old 04-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Administrator

i forget now what engine you have..the 2.4L? depending on what state you live in, you could get a high flow CAT...and a header...that makes a BIG difference on some engines...

Old 04-09-2005, 02:42 PM

The RD series tib has the Beta 1 2.0 or 1.8L in the US.

There are SEVERAL TURBO KITS available for your car.

Alpine makes a kit, but it's very low PSI. I wouldn't recommend it.

Speed-Factor makes 2 very good kits, with everything you need. www.speed-factor.com

Or just come to www.rdtiburon.com and see all the rest of the info we talk about Turbo's on daily.

The ONLY SC kit for the RD's out there is Alpine's SC kit, and it sucks ***.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:00 AM

I built a 98 turbo tiburon for a friend used a 14b DSM turbo and intercooler Stainless manifold from essential speed, voltage clamp from split second, apexi safc and other misc parts There is also another turbo elantra running around Fond du lac wi

Old 06-06-2005, 07:07 PM

thanks for your input but i have a 2001 tib beta 1 2.0 dohc. I have found a turbo kit that works on my car. I am just worried t.at i'll hurt my motor. if you have mor can build one let me know

Old 06-16-2005, 07:08 PM

What all does this kit come with? does it have all the fuel mods with it or do you haveto buy those seperate. because you can not just boost a car and expect it to be all good . your going to need bigger injectors or a fifth injector and a means to adding more fuel like a APEXI SAFC and you also need a voltage clamp to wire in to the MAF so you dont throw codes and you will also need a boostcontroller and some way to tune in your car to make sure you are not running lean . Just some thing to think about. I built the 98 tiboron for under 2000 with everything . build your own kit you will save money and have a more custom setup instead of just having the same thing everybody else has
Tony

Old 06-30-2005, 07:20 PM

The kit comes with bigger injecters. If you think I should build, and you know you could bild a kit with the RIGHT AND SAFE PRODUCTS I would love to hear about it. pleace help

Old 07-02-2005, 02:34 AM

what ever you do just do your homework before!

Quick Reply: turbo/performance