Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

Venom Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Default Venom Performance Chip

hey i just wanted to know if anyone has this mod

http://www.autoanything.com/performa...0A2046219.aspx

and is it worth it? thanks

Old 09-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Default RE: Venom Performance Chip

Don't know why you're not getting a reply, so I'll throw in my 2 cents.
I'm new to the Tiburon but not to modifying cars and it has been my experience that these computer add ons, chips, whatever, rarely make a niticable difference. 300 bucks is a lot to spend and then wonder if you feel a difference.
My advice would be to steer clear of it and spend the money on a better exhaust and air intake. Just getting the thing to inhale and exhale better will give you a pretty big seat of the pants difference.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:59 AM

yeah,,no matter what type of chip it is, most of them don't do anything but just foul out spark plugs, make your car run rich or lean, and all the other stuff that makes a car run poorly. Of course there are a few chips out there that actually make a difference, but venom has been know to not do a damn thing. intake and exhaust is a good idea, or if you have a manual, get a lightweight flywheel, that gave me the biggest gain of all, made the car a lot more fun to drive. if you did a full exhaust from the headers back, intake, and light wieght flywheel, and short throw shifter to help with better shifting, you can easily gain a solid 15hp at the wheels and signifigantly lower you 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time.
then if you're not happy after that, SPRAY THE DAMN THING, LOL. under $400 to gain 50-75hp,

Old 09-20-2007, 07:52 PM

Hey turb,
What flywheel did you go with and v-6 or four?

Old 09-21-2007, 08:03 AM

ihave a 2001 withthe 2.0andbought an11lbs chromoly flywheel. i think it was made by xtd,,,under $200 andwas deffiantly the best upgrade i've done. i beleive the stock is about 22-23lbs, so rotating mass was basically cut in half. drivability is a lot better, shifts are a lot faster, and it holds the rpms up where it counts. if you decide to get one, go with a chromoly, not alumimum. chromoly is a lot stronger and just at light. also depending on the upgrades you already have or plan on doing, you might want to get a stage 1 clutch, you can go with stock, but a race clutch will seal the deal. a stage 1 for an I4 is about $90, not sure for the v6.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:40 PM

most reviews for this chip have been pretty positive but i still havent made up my mind. i have a weapon r intake and ssa exhaust and headers on the way but unfortunately some old guy ran into me about 2 weeks ago but im picking it up tomoro.

turbulence can u post a good site for the flywheel that u got so i can look into it? and spray it with what? lol - thanks

Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 PM

Speaking from experience, I used a Venom 400 in my old Mitsubishi Eclipse.
WELL worth money.
You notice a distinct change in high rpm pulls, and about 1-2% better mpg.
The 400 along with an intake and good exhaust is the best way to start a car out with mods.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 PM

yea ive read good things about it but i wonder how it would do in a tiburon....why didnt u switch it to ur tib after?

Old 10-15-2007, 11:50 PM

With the way my Eclipse was set up, it would have damaged the turbo boost psiand the fuel tune if I removed it, so it stayed in the car.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 PM

oh i see....so u think it would work well with the tiburon?

Quick Reply: Venom Performance Chip