Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Oil light. Rough sounding engine and exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 05:37 AM
Default Oil light. Rough sounding engine and exhaust.

Hi guys I just wanted to ask you thoughts on this. I bought a 2ltr Hyundai Tucson from Athens. When it was delivered to our island all looked good and sounded great. 15 mins normal driving the oil light came on and the engine sounds rough. I checked the oil and it was full. I let the engine cool for a bit just to be safe. Restarted it... No light and engine sounds good. 10 mins later lights on and the engine sound's rough. I contacted the garage and arranged a transporter to take it hack to them as under warranty. They say they have changed the oil and filter and fixed a bproblem with the exhaust. They also say they have pressure tested it and that is fine. Could the oil and filter and problem with the exhaust cause the engine to sound like a tractor when the oil light came on in the first place.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:43 PM

It is very difficult to give you a specific answer. I would ask them to drive car for at least 30 minutes before putting it back on the ferry to your place.

When a pipe comes loose and touches any part of the body it can make a horrible sound. but why would the oil light come on for that? Maybe the wire got shorted out against the loose exhaust? That is so unlikely. It would make more sense if the CEL came on.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Default Re.

I picked up my Hyundai yesterday and drove it the 365 miles home and it's like a new car. The garage flushed the engine and changed the oil and filters and done something to the exhaust not sure what my Greek is not that good lol.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tonker
I picked up my Hyundai yesterday and drove it the 365 miles home and it's like a new car. The garage flushed the engine and changed the oil and filters and done something to the exhaust not sure what my Greek is not that good lol.
I am glad this worked out for you! They probably fixed an exhaust leak that opened up further when the system got warm.