Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Torque Specs - 2022 Tucson??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Default Torque Specs - 2022 Tucson??

I'm looking for the torque specs for the front brake caliper bracket bolts and the caliper guide pin/bolts.

Thank you.

Old 06-12-2023, 07:29 PM

Update/Storytime -
I called the local dealer and left several messages throughout the week- received no response.
On Sunday I called and asked to speak with a tech, shop foreman, or parts/service manager etc. Got the runaround until finally, I got a tech/mechanic on the line.

I asked him to tell me the torque specs for the caliper bracket mounting bolts and the caliper guide pin bolts.
This guy scoffed and started telling me they don't have time to look it up, they just tighten that **** down till it's good and tight, I shouldn't care what the specs are and just hork it down.- to which I replied, that's why I don't bring my car in there for service and you have got to be f'n kidding me. The call ended without me getting the info I needed and I was actually kinda speechless that a certified mechanic at the dealer was like f them specs just jam on it.
I started calling other dealerships, and about 10 minutes later I got a call, it was the guy that had just scoffed at my request for torque specs - he said he felt bad (which he should have - should have been ashamed of himself) so he looked it up and called me back.

These are the specs he gave me.

Caliper Bracket Bolt - 57.9 - 77.3 ft lbs
Caliper Guide Pin Bolts - 15.9 - 23.1 ft lbs

These seem to be in line with what I had been able to find online for older models.
The range kinda freaks me out though - cant say I have ever seen torque spec ranges before. On all my GM vehicles it's a very specific whole number.
They also seem light to me, but they are dainty little parts - I'm used to big bolts on my GMC.