Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

2008 Veracruz Ltd Tilt/Telescopic Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Default 2008 Veracruz Ltd Tilt/Telescopic Wheel

I am having a problem with my tilt/telescopic wheel. It is supposed to go in and up when shutting vehicle off and come out and down to preset location when turning vehicle on. It works sporadically. The dealer was blaming it on my remote start, however, since disconnecting the remote starter and putting in a new ignition switch, it still works sporadically. Has anyone else had this problem? Has it been fixed and how? The dealer doesn't seem to know what to do. I did see other complaints of this on the internet. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I do have a proximity key.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by ljvallee
I am having a problem with my tilt/telescopic wheel. It is supposed to go in and up when shutting vehicle off and come out and down to preset location when turning vehicle on. It works sporadically. The dealer was blaming it on my remote start, however, since disconnecting the remote starter and putting in a new ignition switch, it still works sporadically. Has anyone else had this problem? Has it been fixed and how? The dealer doesn't seem to know what to do. I did see other complaints of this on the internet. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I do have a proximity key.
May I ask what remote starter you went with? I have been looking around adn so far I've seen mixed postings. I asked Hyundai is they were planning one and they said no and reminded me that an after market one may affect the warranty.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 PM

The remote starter is a Valet. I had it installed by the dealer as I was told that if I had it put in by a thirdy party and the remote start caused any electrical issues it COULD void the warranty. Doing it through the dealer made it them responsible for it.

Last edited by ljvallee; 03-03-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: give more info