Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

aftermarket stereos for the unusual face plate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Default aftermarket stereos for the unusual face plate?

I just bought the 2010 Veracruz, and since I have Sirius (not XM), and the installed BlueTooth thing doesn't work very well with my phone (not as well as my Pioneer stereo used to), I'm thinking to replace it with an aftermarket unit. The thing is, I'm looking at it and there appears to be one continuous faceplate that goes around the radio and also around all the AC/heat control *****. The size of the radio itself is narrow (rectangle, not square - size E?) and I'm wondering: is it even possible to replace it with an aftermarket unit given that the faceplate involves much of the rest of the dash and not just the radio itself? Anyone have ideas on a good, fitting stereo that will have proper bluetooth, iPod connectivity, and accept a Sirius receiver?

thanks in advance,

Mike

Old 01-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Crutchfield has everything you need:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1209973...t.html?tp=3121

Last edited by NovaResource; 01-01-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by mlevin77
I just bought the 2010 Veracruz, and since I have Sirius (not XM)
XM is now owned by Sirius. The last rental car I drove with XM, every channel I listened to announced both Sirius and XM channel designations for the same content. Perhaps Sirius will let you switch your subscription over to XM. Of course, this notion doesn't work if you have more than one car using satalite radio, and it doesn't solve the bluetooth issue.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
cool! I noticed some of the stereos say "altered fit". What exactly does this mean - will a regular car stereo place be able to make it look reasonably right or do I need to go to a specialty shop of some sort to install it?

thanks,

Mike

Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by ken99
XM is now owned by Sirius. The last rental car I drove with XM, every channel I listened to announced both Sirius and XM channel designations for the same content. Perhaps Sirius will let you switch your subscription over to XM. Of course, this notion doesn't work if you have more than one car using satalite radio, and it doesn't solve the bluetooth issue.
yep, you'd think it would be easy now that they are the same company. But alas, the channels I need most are not on XM, and require the "Best of SIRIUS" upgrade, and they are not willing to switch my subscription. I also listen on-line on my phone and laptop, so it would mean getting new client software to stream the XM instead of SIRIUS :-(

Mike

Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 PM

unfortunately this isn't right :-( the big lower opening can't be empty like this because that's where I have the round heat controls (I have 3 ***** there, not one central **** as I see on the photos of the dash when I look up the Veracruz in google). Please see attached; the 3 ***** are separated by face-plate material so it needs to have cutouts for them, and can't be a big empty space. In fact Crutchfield told me they have *no* face plates or radios that properly fit into the Hyundai Veracruz with the kind of (basic) stereo/AC system that I have. Any ideas - how do I get a single-DIN aftermarket stereo into my normal faceplate, or does anyone make a faceplate that will be right for my unit?

Mike

Last edited by mlevin77; 04-04-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Default aftermarket stereos for this model

sorry, here's the attachment - this is what my dash looks like. What stereos will fit into this?!?

Attached Thumbnails aftermarket stereos for the unusual face plate?-console.jpg  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back from 3 months. The pic I posted is just an example. Did you actually call Crutchfield and ask them what they had.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:04 PM

Welcome back from 3 months. The pic I posted is just an example. Did you actually call Crutchfield and ask them what they had.
thanks; yeah, I did call them and they told me they had neither face plates, nor units, that fit into that car!!

Mike

Old 09-21-2010, 10:18 PM

I'm in a similar situation. My wife has a 2010 Veracruz and it has no Bluetooth capability or USB/iPod connectivity. Definitely surprised by the exclusion of these as standard items. Wife doesn't mind not having the USB/iPod connection but she definitely wants the Bluetooth for handsfree phone calls. I guess we could just get the Hyundai OEM Bluetooth kit, but it is pricey ($350MSRP) for just having the single function. Hope Crutchfield or someone else comes up with a solution (Bluetooth/USP iPod) for this that doesn't break the bank.

Quick Reply: aftermarket stereos for the unusual face plate?