Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

Dash lights too bright

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Default Dash lights too bright

Anybody else think their dash lights are too bright?

In the city where there are street lights, it's not too bad but on county roads or dark highways, I think they are too bright. BTW I have the adjuster turned all the way down. On other vehicles I've had, I could turn the dash lights practically off but this is not the case with my Veracruze. Is this the same for everyone else?

Anybody know of a way to make them dimmer?

Thanks,
Johnny

Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Banned
Thumbs up Fine

Our Ltd lights are just perfect. I have ours cranked full. If I turn them down, they are too dim. (This is driving in a mountain pass with NO exterior lighting other then stars.

Pete, B.C.

Originally Posted by Johnny5oh
Anybody else think their dash lights are too bright?

In the city where there are street lights, it's not too bad but on county roads or dark highways, I think they are too bright. BTW I have the adjuster turned all the way down. On other vehicles I've had, I could turn the dash lights practically off but this is not the case with my Veracruze. Is this the same for everyone else?

Anybody know of a way to make them dimmer?

Thanks,
Johnny

Old 06-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Banned

If your dash lights are too bright, it might mean you have a problem with too much voltage from the charging system, a potentially disastrous situation. Hopefully it's your imagination, or the rectifier switch.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Default Santa Fe dash board too bright.

Hi,

I too think the dash board is way too bright. I just bought a new Santa Fe 2009 Limited and there's lights everywhere. That's ok but the dimmer does not dimm low enough. It's too bright for driving at night.

I used to like driving at night but now I find it irritating because of the dash lights. I understand the blue LCD screens work with contrast but I am sure it could be less bright and still have a good enough contrast. Or worst case they could pretty much be turned off and when you need to change something you just turn up the brightness.

I checked the alternator voltage and it seems fine.

There might be a way to add or change a resistor value somewhere to dimm the dash down.

N.