Hyundai Veracruz This crossover combines the functionality of a minivan in a sleek exterior with luxury qualities.

replace Hyundai Veracruz Alternator

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Default replace Hyundai Veracruz Alternator

Hi I just upload a quick video on how to replace a 2010/11 Hyundai Veracruz Alternator as here in Brazil Hyundai did not make the recall.
My car was still under warranty but no deal with hyundai.
So I bought a new one and replace it.
Here is the link:
After replacing I have opened and cleaned the old alternator and the problem was the brush holder so I ordered a new one (US$ 10.00) and will replace it so I will have a spare alternator just in case.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:31 PM

good video. some say remove AC compressor and take out from below but i pulled out from the top. I just finished replacing my alternator and serp belt. I was having a few dash lights come on and headlights would flicker. The alternator output tested at 10.4 volts and of course it was caked with oil. mine is a 2008 veracruz limited 3.8L.
couple of notes I'd like to add. It took me about 4 hours. I pulled the pass side fan up from the top. The electrical clips are a pain in the butt. just getting them apart!! jabbed with a small screwdriver, pulled and pryed. I placed a 15" x 15" piece of cardboard against the radiator to protect it, then a thin piece of sheet metal in case the alt slipped. I took out both alt bolts but the bottom one is a cradle type bolt that just needs to be loosened. either way works fine. i sprayed the electrical connectors with a cleaner before putting back together, they were very wet and caked with oil.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:30 PM
Default 2008 veracruz

did he say that hyundai had a recall on this?

we have a veracruz, last year, broke down on interstate, lost everything electric. mechaninc said, new alternator was needed. so we borrowed 6oo dollars us to repair it. mechanic said 5 hours and had to pull the front grille, radiator etc.
that was september 22 2018.
today, broke down again, same symptoms. exactly a year later. seems strange to me. got to looking, the alternator is covered with engine oil. i looked closer and seems to be a gasket leak just above the alternator.

1, is this normal to have to replace the alternator this quick?
2, is there a way to replace the alternator without tearing apart the front end
3, is it possible to replace the gasket myself, i find this vehicle hard to work on due to lack of information online, and no manuals available.
4. is it worth having a mechanic to replace the alternator again, as well as replacing this gasket, she has 133,000 miles on her and shes starting to make some strange noises under the hood.

Last edited by daphniesman04; 08-30-2019 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo