Hyundai XG 350 The mid-sized luxury model

p1193 code help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Banned

No help, really?

Old 06-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Banned

Ken, is it possible to get some extra assistance? I'm leaving on the 14th back to Boise, so i'd like to be able to have his car running before I leave.

I don't know which part to get, nor do I know which online stores you guys purchase parts from.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Bump bump

Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Banned

'm honestly suprised that the forum members here aren't willing to help more. I'm having just as much luck here as the dealerships.

If no one is willing to take 5 minutes out of their day, can someone at least give me 5 seconds and give me websites where they've ordered parts from when they had this same problem or others? I hope to god you guys have more options that the stealerships.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by m5james
'm honestly suprised that the forum members here aren't willing to help more. I'm having just as much luck here as the dealerships.
There are plenty of members here WILLING to help. Did it ever occur to you that those WILLING members just might not know the answer?

Originally Posted by m5james
If no one is willing to take 5 minutes out of their day, can someone at least give me 5 seconds and give me websites where they've ordered parts from when they had this same problem or others? I hope to god you guys have more options that the stealerships.
Sometimes a problem just needs to be fixed by someone that knows what they are doing and has experience with that problem. You call them "stealerships" but that is totally unfair. Most Hyundai dealerships I've used have been very helpful and go out of their way to fix a problem.

I'll give you an example. When I has a TPMS sensor light go on in my Tucson, I took it to the dealership to have it looked at. They found one sensor had stopped sending a signal. They replaced it free under warranty. While that may not be surprising there is one important fact I left out. That is that I had different wheels on my Tucson. I replaced my 16" Tucson wheels with 18" Veracruz wheels. An while they are still Hyundai factory wheel, I removed the sensors from the Tucson wheels and installed them in the Veracruz wheels. That alone could have voided my warranty on the sensors. They called to ask me about it and I told them the truth. They still replaced the faulty sensor for free.

Last edited by NovaResource; 06-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Default Vacuum lines?

Originally Posted by schepebc
Well to make a long story short, I was doing a tune up on my lady friends car and did everything text book and when I started it back up made this horrible banging sound. Took my stethoscope and did a compression check and found out it was coming from cyl. 1. Checked the plug, it was the right one, stuck the bore scope down it to see the piston pitted. End up taking head off to find a small washer was banging around in it. Bent a valve so had the head redone by the machine shop, put it all back together go to start it and it runs rough then dies and once it dies, shoots a P1193 code (limp home) and that’s it. I've been checking vacuum leaks and everything is plugged in. Seeing what is all on that circuit or what it entails to trip it because I haven't run a crossed it before.
Thanks a lot!
Shep
When I changed the vacuum line going to the center position on the throttle body with 3 little things there for vacuum lines there was a tiny brass valve inside the vacuum line.