Hyundai XG 350 The mid-sized luxury model

What could be causing this???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Default What could be causing this???

Hey everybody im new to this forum and I need alot of help lol. I have a 2004 XG350 L. I had some guy who really didnt know what he was doing install a remote start/alarm on it. Soon as I got it back I noticed the dash lights didnt work at all. Then after driving alittle the pass headlight, driver marker, pass brakelight bulb went out. So I had a guy look at it and take the alarm off. He was able to fix the outside lights but didnt know about the inside. Heres the problem now. When the outside lights are off the dash lights dont work and the cruise control light stays on but doesnt work, the lights that tell you what gear your in work except the sports mode LED will only light up light green and wont show any numbers to tell me what gear its in. Then when the outside lights go on. The dash lights still dont work the cruise light goes out and still doesnt work. The gear lights dont work at all except the sports LED stays a dull green and still shows no number. Then the radio and heater lights dim to the point where you can barley read them. The rpm gauge doesnt work at all ever. I checked every fuse in the car. What could be causing this and how would I got about fixing it? Thank you for your help! I need this car bad. Everything else works fine and I drive it all the time but it would be nice to have some dash lights again.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Banned
Default RE: What could be causing this???

[align=left]Sounds pretty bad. It's all controlled by computer, so suspect he shorted your computer somehow.

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Default RE: What could be causing this???

At the very least, the wiring harnesses have been butchered up and not restored correctly when the remote starter was removed. jsinton is correct in that some light functions are controled by integrated circuitry (ETACS, which controls the factory installed alarm), which may have been damaged. Some automotive repair shops specialize in electrical repairs. I ask around and try to find such a shop to repair the damage done. I predict this will not be a cheap repair if it involves damage to either the ECM or ETACS circuit boards.