New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2001 sonata five speed manual transmkssion im puttia clutch in this car and scre d

Old 11-15-2017, 10:57 PM
Default 2001 sonata five speed manual transmkssion im puttia clutch in this car and scre d

Im putting a new clutch kit in the car but I screwed up and slowed thebottom gear selector shaft to be moved from the position it was in when removed it also has been moved away from side of trans how do I return selectors to neutral and b sure the fork is in correct place

Old 11-16-2017, 07:27 AM

It is hard to understand what you did?
Did you move the stick shift into gear or into neutral?
What exactly happened?

Old 11-16-2017, 07:38 AM

Pulled linkage and remove d trans while sitting the selector shaft that sits lowest and to rear of top shaft got moved rotated and pulled out about 2 inches I need to find out what position the two shafts should b in when in neutral

Old 11-16-2017, 01:29 PM

OK so the trans was in hooked from cable linkage in gear apafently after removal the selector shaft got moved and was able to b skipped out away from teams so I need to know what position the top shaft holds when it is in a certain gear and what position the bottom shaft holds when it is in neutral hard info to find when u don't have the books anyway thank ymyou