Engine automatically stops when speed is lowered and clutch is applied for gear shift - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Old 05-18-2017, 03:53 AM

Default Engine automatically stops when speed is lowered and clutch is applied for gear shift

I won a 2003 make SANTRO ZIP PLUS LP model and facing a peculiar problem for last 3 / 4 years.

Occasionally the Engine is stopping when speed is lowered and clutch is applied to shift Gear.

This occur at any time but increases after a run of 10 kilometers or more.
There is no Ignition problem as the Engine instantly starts after this issue.
This phenomenon aggravates in traffic signals or in a jammed road.

I am trying to solve this issue but failed by quite a number of Service Centers.

Please suggest a remedy as I don't want to sale my car and there is no other issue apart from this. But it is getting on my nerves and now I am avoiding driving my car.

Please help and suggest something to get rid of it permanently.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:16 AM

Try first by putting in a couple bottles of injector cleaner
If it doesn't clear up after half the tank then you're going to need someone who knows a bit more
Old 05-19-2017, 11:20 AM

Default Meter cover required

I am having a 2003 make SANTRO ZIP PLUS LP model and the Acrylic Cover of the Meter got fully scratched.
It has become very difficult to read the meters even with back light on.

Please suggest whether only the Acrylic Cover is available and can be purchased or the entire Meter set has to be purchased.

I have seen that the Acrylic Cover is fixed with few push toggles on the Meter Body.

If it is separately available, what is it's part number and where to place the order?