New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

another newcommer!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned
Default another newcommer!

hello to everyone, hope i can find a new home here

i havnt got myself a hyundai yet but its looking like i'll have an '05 accent within 2 weeks or less. going on a cruise the next week, so gotta wait until i get back.

so a bit of background - i'm a mechanical designer and last over 2 years i've been teaching myself the ins and outs of cars. reason for getting the hundai is my wife managed to roll our old car near a month ago...poor old toyota cressida. may have been a boat, but one hell of a good car. RWD is fun

but thats not to last it seems. can't find another, so i figure i might as well get something better on gas. the hyundai accent fits that bill and the budget easily. i'm definately going to get a 5-spd...i'm sorry but the auto accents are garbage. its also the adjusting from a nice 6 cylinder engine but still...so muddy compared to the manual.

anyhow i'd like to pick up whatever info i can and start learning a newer car. might ask a lot of questions at first, but later on as i learn my way around i start contributing a lot more - probably even some how-to guides with pics as various jobs come up. did one for rebuilding a cressida LSD differential last year

so only things i'm wondering so far is whats a good repair manual to get? how do they handle in the snow (up in canada)? and how are they for rust on salty roads? any quirks/known issues i should be aware of? oh and wheres the best place to install the jet turbine?