New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Havin big problems with my elantra 2000. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Default Havin big problems with my elantra 2000. Help!!!

1. I was having problemes starting my car a few months ago. A friend told me that my spark plugs were flooded. so we changed them. 2 of the washers that go before the wires (4 cylinder) got ripped...My friend told me that I did'nt REALLY need them anyway. He did finally get my car started but from that POINT My "check engine" light kept coming on. I noticed periodically whenever I stop, or I'm at a red light, my car would slightly jump and just CUT OFF. I Would have to restart it. I have no problems with it when I'm at normal speeds. Only when I basically stop....NOW I'm trying to keep it simple and I really think it has to do with my wires/plugs because I was NEVER having this problem before my spark plugs were changed.....Is it a good chance that one of my wires could have a short and my spark plugs are misfiring causing my engine to cut off? or should I look elsewhere?

2..My engine has been running loudly as of late. it sounds like a knocking sound. I was a little late getting a oil change but I finally got it...the loud sound did quiet down alot, but the next day when I started my car up I heard it again...is this normal? maybe the car has to warm up? any answers or suggestions are appreciated...

My MAIN CONCERN IS THE FIRST QUESTION Though....If I'm gonna spend alot of money, I wanna spend it on the right thing...the dealership told me I needed a new oxygen sensor and I paid alot of money for that and my problem still persists..I really need help

thanks

Old 09-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Default RE: Havin big problems with my elantra 2000. Help!!!

help!!!