New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hello board..

Old 02-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Default hello board..

Well, i have a customer that has enlisted me to fix-up an excel hatchback. So I'm cruising the board to learn more about it. I am a semi-professional mechanic and would appreciate any knowledge i may aquire, specificly about this model at this point. May I add that i have been rather fluent with ford festivas (aka kias/mazdas) so i feel confident with this excel. It has been doctored on by less compitent persons so it may be troublesome, or possibly a lost cause by reasons of value. Regardless, I look foward to discussions. Thanks, Shaun.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Default RE: hello board..

I've noticed that you've been asking general topic questions about the Excel with little or no response from forum members. To be honest, I think the car is off their radar screens. I was thirty something when the car was first introduced into the US. The first variants (X1) were crap and dealers were few. I remember the second variant (X2) was much improved, but still not considered reliable enough for the mainstream American motoring public. The main (and perhaps only) selling point was it's low sticker price. I don't think the Excel ever endeared itself to a large following. Forum members will help you tackle specific problems, but I doubt very many would extoll the Excel as the "glory days" of Hyundai (or Mitsubishi) engineering.

That aside, there's no better place to find information on the X2 variant of the Excel than at the Hyundai service site:

http://www.hmaservice.com/

You'll need to create an account (it's free) and login with a password. The Excel information in the shop service files are stored in PDF format. I actually find these much easier to access and view compared to the SVG files Hyundai has been using for the newer models. In fact, you can easily download and save the files on your local drive, building your own Excel service library to browse at your leisure.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Default RE: hello board..

Thanks Ken. I kinda got that feeling, which is entirely acceptable. On the other hand, I would like to know the model a little further and your input has confirmed my presumptions. I will inquire as necessary. Thanks again...