New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! My sons 2000 Hyundai Tiburon is breaking me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Default HELP!! My sons 2000 Hyundai Tiburon is breaking me!

My son has a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon that has been nothing but trouble since I bought it. I bought it used 2 yrs ago this coming February. I had to replace the alternator within one mth. of purchasing the car. I have replaced the : battery ( last mth.), replaced his axle, air filters,plugs and lord knows what else.
I am at my wits end!!

I received a call early today from my son(21) that he ran out of gas, or so he thought. I went out with a gas can and filled his car, it started right up.
Fast forward 5 hours later....he was on his way to the store and his car suddenly died...again. He knew this time it wasn't low on gas. He phoned us and the hubby went to jump it. Hubby states the car started up, but after a minute or 2 the car died again. It is late Sunday night on a holiday weekend and no garage is open here.

Anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem NOW? I wish I never would have bought him this car! It has been nothing but trouble! I have a 2001 Elantra myself and have never had problems with it except for the airbag light being on continually since I was in an accident 2 yrs. ago.
Thanks in advance for any help