New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Default Hi

Hi all. I'm new to the whole forum thing, but cant find my question's answered any where eles. um my name is Anthony, i will be 19 in november, leaving for the airforce dec 8th, have an awesome fiancee, And my Tibbi. (tiburon) Planning on doing alot of mods, alot of body mods first, but 1 mod no one has helped out with yet. i'm wanting too make it AWD . I have a shop to do it in, the muscle and man power to do it. just not the know how. can someone plz help me out here with this. would say what all of engine work planing, but i would rather just leave it at in the end it will be a 12 sec car, if not less. but problem 1 AWD? any suggestion's?

Old 10-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Seriously, unless you know what you are doing and have a ton of money, it's not worth making it AWD.

If you want a 12-sec Tiburon, rebuild the engine stronger and turbo it.

If you want AWD, sell it and buy a WRX STi.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:36 PM

lol well here's the thing money not a problem at all. money is a material object, dont care about cost. lol as for making it fast, NGM Stage III Iced Sniper Supercharger. think that should about do it. plus planing on all engine work obviously. lol so yeah wrx sti just no .

Old 10-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AAshelton
my name is Anthony, i will be 19 in november, leaving for the airforce dec 8th,
money not a problem at all. money is a material object, dont care about cost.
You're 19 and money is not a problem? I call BS. If money was not a problem, why are you driving a Hyundai?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:57 PM

2 things. 1 I leav for basic dec 8th so about half the cash i will have after wards is going towards the car. 2 I dont plan on doing it in 2 weeks mind you i'm not retarded. I am ok with working on the car for about a year or so. time, and money i dont care about. money should never be a barrier for somthing you want too do. lol look i'm not one to get into a 6th graders hissy fit with some one online. but yeah money and time dont matter.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

2 things. 1 I leav for basic dec 8th so about half the cash i will have after wards is going towards the car.
That's foolish. You are young. You should be putting most of that money into an IRA for your future. Budget a smaller portion for the car.

2 I dont plan on doing it in 2 weeks mind you i'm not retarded. I am ok with working on the car for about a year or so.
So you're going to do this in a year while in basic and then service? That should be interesting. Do you have welding and fabricating skills? My advice, start with a Tucson AWD system. Both the Tiburon and the Tucson are based off the Elantra sedan. Both are available with the 2.0L Beta and 2.7L Delta V6 so they should be similar.

time, and money i dont care about. money should never be a barrier for somthing you want too do. lol look i'm not one to get into a 6th graders hissy fit with some one online. but yeah money and time dont matter.
Well then, you'll be the first to do it. Come back in a year and let us know how it went. Better yet, start a thread about your build and update it weekly with pics of your progress.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 PM

thanks, i will start a thread once i get back, and really get started into the build. right now looking a prices. so will look at the tucson. and as for welding a fabricating, the car club i am in has a little shop around where i live now, plus i took welding class's in HS. so that should be good. if anything, which really dont want too do. i could leave it there give my buddies the cash and let them do it. but just now as much fun. i rather get dirty workin on my car then let them while i'm gone. lol but yeah thanks gonna start lookin in to it.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Looking forward to seeing that thread.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Default Hello Anthony...Welcome

Hi all. I'm new to the whole forum thing, but cant find my question's answered any where eles. um my name is Anthony, i will be 19 in november, leaving for the airforce dec 8th, have an awesome fiancee, And my Tibbi. (tiburon) Planning on doing alot of mods, alot of body mods first, but 1 mod no one has helped out with yet. i'm wanting too make it AWD . I have a shop to do it in, the muscle and man power to do it. just not the know how. can someone plz help me out here with this. would say what all of engine work planing, but i would rather just leave it at in the end it will be a 12 sec car, if not less. but problem 1 AWD? any suggestion's?
1st off...welcome to the forum.
Are you going Officer or Enlisted?

Proud to have a fellow military man in the forums...I'm retired AF
A FLAG IS INCLUDED HERE FOR YOU>
click on the flag twice !

WheelBroker1

Attached Thumbnails Hi-airforceflag.jpg   Hi-detail_usflag.jpg