New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi, 98 Excel owner, new here, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Default Hi, 98 Excel owner, new here, need help

Hi to all,

I've long thought about joining a forum for my little Excel. It's one of my favourite cars EVER!! It is absolutely reliable, no... it let me down once, a loose/dirty battery terminal, took all of 30 seconds to fix. It's very economical to run, handles well, and has plenty of get up and go.... most of the time. For about the last year, it's had an intermittent problem with lack of power, which two "ordinary" shops, and a Hyundai dealer, have been unable to fix. This finally wore me down to the point that I hit the Hyundai dealership, to buy a new I20, which I'd been secretly dreaming of buying for the last 6 months. I took one for a test drive, and was shocked and dismayed at the lack of performance, the sluggish, gutless way it crawled over intersections, and could see me getting into strife with it, since I'm so used to the instant response from the throttle of the Excel (most of the time). So I decided to get some help from this forum, and keep my little Excell going a bit longer. I will start another thread elsewhere on this forum, in a more appropriate area, to describe the problem, but meantime, hope I have a good experience here with fellow "Hyundai lovers/converts".

Cheers, and happy days to you all,

Mike.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.