New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Default Hi all

Hi all you other Hyundai fans...

After much research and many test-drives of many makes and models I bought a 2009 Sonata GLS 4, Dark Cherry Red with the Popular Equipment Package (Pwr seat, Auto-lamps, Radio controls on the wheel, some chrome trim around the exterior glass and neat woodgrain with my tan interior!). The car is just awesome and the 4 has plenty of power for me! The Elantra was a VERY close second and I almost bought one as I really like it's styling and just about everything else except that the engine was louder and there was no power seat available. I will note that the seats on the 2008 Sonata were not nearly as comfortable as the 2009. That and the far better interior made up my mind for me. I do, however, actually prefer the exterior styling of the 2006-2008 Sonata. The dealer I went to (Roseville (CA) Hyundai) was excellent and provided incredible customer service as well as a fantastic price! It was BY FAR the best car buying experience of my life, and there have been many LOL. I hope to be participating more in the forums soon!

Old 05-24-2008, 05:26 AM
Default RE: Hi all

Congrats. I've been eyeballing the Sonata to replace my nine year old Accord, but the Honda justs keeps going and going and....well, you know.Just nosy, but did Maitamake a decent offer? I ask, because most of my co-workers favor Maita, and with the 08 Sonata's recentlyadvertised for a no haggle $6000 off MSRP around here lately, I've been really tempted. I gather the 09 improvements are so vastly superior you just couldn't say no! Anyway, congrats.I'll have to go look at the 09 when I get the chance. The reviews sure support your choice.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:09 AM

Thank you! I am sorry I did not check Maita but Folsom Lake did not have as low a price. I Ended up getting my 2009 for about $3500 off sticker but certainly the 2008's were lower. I don't think the 2008's were $6000 off sticker when I bought mine but that was 3-weeks ago. The 2008's were about $5000 off sticker at Roseville then.

Honestly, the differences between the two years are not that great and I was really interested in an '08 SE V6 but I just kept thinking of gas prices. IMHO the 2009 has much better seats and interior, is slightly more powerful, is slightly quieter inside and handles slightly better. The 2008 has a better looking exterior and I think the "refresh" only made the Sonata look more "common", but that is just my opinion. Are the differences worth paying extra for the 2009? I was really torn by that question but you know the answer I came up with finally!

Old 05-24-2008, 05:20 PM

Thank you for the response. Your deal was way better than I thought you'd get for a 2009. I would have made the same choice. The wifey is interested, but Carmichael Honda has been flawless from sales to service, so it will be hard forher to buyanything but another Accord. But I know she'll look for one reason only......she loves to shop.

Check-in once in awhile and let us know how your Sonata is doing. It sounds like a winner.