New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi there from Ontario Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Default Hi there from Ontario Canada

I'm new here as well to Hyundai!!

I am in the market for a new car.. I have been attracted to the hyundai in the past but never sealed a deal. Back in 06 I debated a Santa Fe but ended up settling on another brand because of price and options I was looking for.

In the last year I have been back on and off looking for something some, good on gas and new The old beast I have been driving (not the 07 I leased) was on its last legs. Well on friday its leg gave out on me.

So back to the drawing board. My 2 picks were toyota corolla and the Elantra GT,

I have to say driving the corolla during dry weather was "ok" but nothing I would rave about. its a point a to b car. (Corolla CE with moonroof package) I was looking at price point/options,

I was ready to seal a deal on leasing soley because of price/month. We took it for another drive... After taking the corolla out on the hiway in the rain... at 120 I felt like I was going to die. Unsafe, flighty, loose, not grounded. Which made me worry about winter.

Off to hyundai we go to check out the Elantra GT GL pkg.

-So much more room in the car, leg and elbow, head room. This was a major plus!!
-The dash was so much more cosmetically appealing.... and the fact that the interior was black not light gray.
-The truck/hatch area was so much space..my husband was very impressed. (this coming from a man that drives a 300-SRT8) that says a lot.
-Immediately driving this car in town as already different and so much better.
- Hi way driving amazing!!! I drove the car in "normal" and it was nice, hugged the road, no real blind spots, pulled onto the hi way well, I was pleased.
- Put the car in "sport" and back onto the hi way.. WOW!! steering was amazing! at 110 I was ready to go faster and felt safe! ( right away my husband said this is going to get you in trouble) Loved the drive, the tight steering, handling was a million times better then the corolla.
-the braking was wonderful! No to mention the stereo great!

I ended up quickly changing my mind on the corolla and wanted to crunch some numbers on the Elantra.

So after a lot of number crunching today we are going back to the dealing and i'm hoping to seal a deal. I am on the edge of my seat waiting to get this car and just drive.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get a good deal on the Elantra.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 AM

Like to say I am the proud owner of an new elantra GT GLS!!