New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm new and unsure!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:33 AM
Default I'm new and unsure!

Hello!
I am new here, thanks for any help I'm given. I may be buying a new car this June. I have a very short list of contenders and the list is shrinking. I have driven toilets for the last 20 years....so I don't want to make any mistakes on the new car. My short list in full includes the Toyota Yaris IA, Hyundai Accent, Elantra, Kia Forte, or Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Sedan. I can say the Yaris is a bit small in the back seat, and has that weird Mazda dash set up. The Mirage just might not be enough car with the 3 cylinder engine...So...I'm down to 3 cars, (must at, I really like the Forte,)..Should mention the Honda Fit, but to expensive compared to the others. All cars would be a manual transmission. OK! So with the Accent. I am leaning that way BUT I read on an "engine review" site that the engine cannot be rebuilt and is designed to wear out at about 120,000 miles. So basically, it's junk. I can't imagine that to be true especially in todays day with competition being stiff. I know more about other engines, from Toyota, Honda and such....but what can anyone tell me about what I read about the engine and can I drive this car for 180-200K? I mean, I'm not lead foot. I change my oil very appropriately, and I keep the salt off of it the best I can. Any info you can give me will be appreciated!
thanks,
joe

Old 05-17-2018, 04:28 AM
Default new member

thanks for the membership i have a Sonata 2005, 2,4l ,170000km. i hope its okay that i am from Denmark.