New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 04 Accent

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Default My 04 Accent

After having my 2004 Accent (1.6 L) for seven months now, I've realized this could be the worst car ever made.
I even drove my friend's 92(ish) Explorer. Talk about a POS... But I feel it's better than my car.
For being an "economy" car, it's terrible! Actually for being a car in general, it's terrible. Under 100 hp to the wheels, and still ≤ 20 mpg.
Sometimes, it's even less. Oh and I just love the fact that every time I turn on my car, the fuel gauge goes down.
Speaking of gauges... THREE?! They couldn't even put in a tachometer? I don't know what it revs to, could be 6, could be 8. It would be nice to know in case I want to get a supercharger or turbocharger. Seeing as it's a manual, the tach should be standard.
And more on the transmission, who decided they would be geared so short?
I decided to put on a cold air intake to get a little more hp and better gas mileage, and in taking apart the stock intake, there was a compartment that my friend and I shook our heads at. An empty chamber, not used for anything. Awesome.
And they couldn't have made this car anymore stock. Cassette player, no power windows, no AC, again the three gauges.
As bad as the displacement already is, they could have given more horsepower. An Escalade beat me.. Do you know how embarrassing that is considering their displacement/hp ratio is worse?

After driving this car, I'd rather buy a riced-out Civic. I'm thinking about driving it off a cliff instead of selling it, just so no one else has to go through the pain I have.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Banned
Default RE: My 04 Accent

[align=left]So you just want to **** and moan, or do you have a problem we can address? Accent is not a trick car, it's an economy car for people who don't have much money. If you didn't beat the snot out of it, you could probably get 35 to 40 mpg. But that's just how immature drivers behave.

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HotKarlSauce

After having my 2004 Accent (1.6 L) for seven months now, I've realized this could be the worst car ever made.
I even drove my friend's 92(ish) Explorer. Talk about a POS... But I feel it's better than my car.
For being an "economy" car, it's terrible! Actually for being a car in general, it's terrible. Under 100 hp to the wheels, and still ≤ 20 mpg.
Sometimes, it's even less. Oh and I just love the fact that every time I turn on my car, the fuel gauge goes down.
Speaking of gauges... THREE?! They couldn't even put in a tachometer? I don't know what it revs to, could be 6, could be 8. It would be nice to know in case I want to get a supercharger or turbocharger. Seeing as it's a manual, the tach should be standard.
And more on the transmission, who decided they would be geared so short?
I decided to put on a cold air intake to get a little more hp and better gas mileage, and in taking apart the stock intake, there was a compartment that my friend and I shook our heads at. An empty chamber, not used for anything. Awesome.
And they couldn't have made this car anymore stock. Cassette player, no power windows, no AC, again the three gauges.
As bad as the displacement already is, they could have given more horsepower. An Escalade beat me.. Do you know how embarrassing that is considering their displacement/hp ratio is worse?
It's a base model economy car. What did you expect?

ORIGINAL: HotKarlSauce

I'm thinking about driving it off a cliff instead of selling it, just so no one else has to go through the pain I have.
Please be in it when you do.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:33 PM

Please be in it when you do.
no u

Old 01-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

LOL! Enjoy your car.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:26 AM

If i may pose a serious question...
Why does my tail/brake light go out every month or two?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Possibly a short in the circuit or poor quality bulbs.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 PM

Okee. And one final thing, the owner's manual says the gas tank is 11.9 gallons.
Now that is a blatant lie. I rolled into the gas station on fumes and topped it off at, i want to say, 9.5?
Is this a problem with all Accents or just mine?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 PM

mORE THAN LIKELY JUST YOURS...GEE I'm glad I have a Sonata

Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 AM
Banned

How do you know your "on fumes". Did you ever completely run out of gas and then fill it up?

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 07:09 PM.