New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here...thinking of buying...opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Default New here...thinking of buying...opinions?

Hi folks,

I'm shopping around for a new smallish SUV and have looked at a few, including the Tuscon. I was looking for some feedback on this particular vehicle, and what current owners think. I'm a Nissan owner (more than one), but I'm not sold on the Rogue, mostly because of the CVT. I don't particularly like Honda or Toyota, so that narrows down my search quite a bit. I'm also thinking of taking a look at the Kia Sportage. Is it built on the same platform as the Tuscon? Any feed back would be appreciated. Thx.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

I have a first generation Tucson and love it. It's built on a modified Hyundai Elantra platform. And yes, the Kia Sportage is the twin to the Tucson. The new Tuscon is also built on a modified Elantra platform and is a very good vehicle.

Personally, I like the looks of the Sportage better than the Tucson but mechanically they are basically the same vehicle. And Kia has improved almost as much as Hyundai. I also own a Kia (Sedona minivan) and the quality is nearly identical. I wouldn't hesitate purchasing either the new Tucson or new Sportage. My advice is to chose based on looks and price.