New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
jan
Default newbie

Hi all,
I am new here...I have just purchased a 2006 Tucson...Have a couple of questions. Have just come back from vacation. Tucson sat in garage for 8 days, and was deader than a doornail when I returned. Had it 'jumped' and it was ok. Took it to dealership today to check everything out. I was told to pull the yellow fuse if the car will not be driven for more than a couple of days. Otherwise the computers pull on the battery, and it is enough to run the battery down. He showed me where the fuse was, and it seems easy enough, butI have never heard of such a thing...

Was told that with the newer cars and their computer systems this needs to be done. Anyone heard of such a thing?

I will be greatful for any comments on this new revelation. Thanks, Jan

Old 06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: newbie

Ask the dealer to show you WHERE in the owner's manual it says to do that. Ifhe can't find it, they are making this up. (If something like that needed to be done, the manual would say so in the manual.)

I suspect your battery is weak. I had mine replaced when the car was 10 months old and haven't had a problem since then. Prior to that, it always seemed a little weak. Afterward, no problems.

If you have any bad idle problems, especially with the AC on, it could be just a week battery.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:30 PM

That is about a lame excuse as Ive ever heard from a dealer in my life..do as Doohickie says and then call up Hyundai at the corporate phone number and report them..[sm=exactly.gif]

WheelBroker1

Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

I just noticed a Technical Service Bulletin on Hyundai's WebTech that addresses this problem. It turns out the radio is to blame. Ask your dealer about this:

07-90-007 BATTERY DISCHARGE CONDITION ON MODELS WITH M280 AUDIO SYSTEM
Some Tucson vehicles equipped with M280 (MP3) audio receiver may exhibit discharged battery if left parked, without being started or driven, for 2-3 days or more. This bulletin provides corrective procedure.
Published : 6/26/07

Here is a link to the complete TSB (in pdf format): http://webpages.charter.net/doohicki...-90-007pdf.pdf