New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tiburon loosing power

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Default Tiburon loosing power

I have a 1999 tiburon fx with the 2.0 4 cylinder engine. about two months ago i started having problems with loosing air and gas pressure. what happens is that it started that i was driving one day and suddenly all the rpms and speedometer just went down the car did not turn on but it just lost all power took it the mechanic it came up with a 02 sensor code bank 1 sensor 1 so it was changed and the car started running fine again. then two weeks later again it broke down same problem it was at the shop for a week. New fuel filter, new wires, spark plugs, another new 02 sensor, finally they changed the MAF and that fixed the problem. well lasted two weeks agian and now im down again. Themechanic dont know what to change now they put again a new maf in it new throttle sensor, new fuel pump, and still the same looses power like if some one cuts off the gasoline pressure while driving and all my power just gets lost can any one help. Also i recently changed out my headers. I put that they call is a 4-2-1 header which eliminates the catalytic converter that is on the engine it self. it is a aftermarket header that was supposed to give the car more hp's and more torque.