New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

want to buy a hyundai

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Default want to buy a hyundai

hello everyone,

I really want to buy a hyundai. however, I really don't know anything about them. as of now, I am driving a Honda Prelude, but I know for long that car won't be with me. I plan on owning a hyundai whether the accent or the elantra. if any can suggest which motor has the best potential, please let me know. thanks

Old 04-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Default RE: want to buy a hyundai

I suggest you go and test drive the Hyundai's. I just bought a 2006 Accent and I really love this little car. Looks great and runs so quiet that it is hard to hear the motor running. I'm getting right at 32.0 mpg right now. Fuel gauge showed just a hair under 1/2 tank and at $2.68 a gallon - only cost $15.00. I drove about 200 miles. I have the automatic with the sports package included for $1500. Power door locks, heated outside mirrors, remote keyless entry, floor mats 15 inch alloy wheels and p195/55r tires. Check it out I think you will like it. Mine is a red wine color. The Elantra is probably more popular because it is a little bit larger than the Accent. I'm glad I bought the Accent but I see alot of Elantra's out there. In fact the Accent was hard to get, they came out in January 06 but I had to wait till late March to see one and test drive it. Good luck and know you will like their 100,000 mile warranty.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: nifares

hello everyone,

I really want to buy a hyundai. however, I really don't know anything about them.
Why do you want to buy one if you know nothing about them?
as of now, I am driving a Honda Prelude, but I know for long that car won't be with me. I plan on owning a hyundai whether the accent or the elantra. if any can suggest which motor has the best potential, please let me know. thanks
Potential? Potential for what? If you want to tune it, be aware that for all cars the emissions systems are getting more and more involved with every aspect of the engine operation. For instance, if you put a CAI on a car with a MAF sensor, you run the risk of getting oil from the filter into the sensor and gumming it up. Chip reflashes for performance are pretty much a thing of the past because there are so many more parameters being monitored. Altering intakes and exhausts can result in emissions-related Check Engine Lights that need to be reset before the car will pass emissions. There are people who've done some tuning, but it's not as simple as it used to be.

All that said, the Accent is new this year; if you are interested in aftermarket accessories, the Elantra is probably the car with a greater selection of aftermarket parts.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:53 PM

Well what matters most is that you are comfortable and satisfied of what you are driving...So, good luck on your car quest...