Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Evil Mailbox

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator
Default Evil Mailbox

Most of you know me by now and know my ride. For those of you who don't, I have a 95 Accent with way too much money and time in it. Well I decided to lower the little bastard and liked what I saw. I was in Pittsburgh and running low on sleep so I decided to make the 35 minute drive back to my home town. It started out harmlessly enough, I back out of the girlfriends driveway, put it in first and head up the street. I hear a wonderful metallic ping and see my passenger-side mirror looking at me saying "hello stupid." I noticed a severe lack of reception and pulled off at the next gas station. My antenna is gone, knocked into oblivion, punched out like a sour connecting rod, dealth by mailbox. I was pissed and had to rant. So there you have it, your freindly neighborhood moderator is a retard.
By the way, anyone happen to have a spare antenna?

Old 03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Evil Mailbox

that sucks!

Old 03-20-2006, 01:37 AM

Insurance would cover that ... don't you have any? It's required in NC to get a license plate.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I do have insurance, PA is a stickler for it, but I didn't know if it would raise my rates and thought it might be cheaper to fix myself if I can get around to it.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Administrator

thats the problem...insurance is supposed to fix problems with the car, but anymore, unless you basically destroy the car, it will cost more in jacked up rates after having work done than it would be to jst pay to get it fixed...[:@]

Old 03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

So far I have done the hillbilly coat hanger fix. It works ok. I also put little bends in it to make it look like one of those stupid rice burner antenas[8D]