Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

electrical gremlin!! please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Default electrical gremlin!! please help

Hey guys!, long time no chat, problem is a short while ago my rear latch lights would not come on when I opened the trunck (2002 accent gsi, 81000kms) but this morning when I went to start her up the battery was drained, so after i got a boost while charging the battery the hatch lights where on, so after removing the interior light fuse of course all the lights went out, but when i put the fuse back in all the lights worked except the hatch lights. (light on the cluster and in the trunk).so from there i took it for a drive and low and behold a few minutes into the drive the hatch lights came back on with the hatch closed of course, but when I push the brake pedal the hatch lights turn off, than when I release the brake pedal the lights turned back on!. So I pulled over and took the fuse for the interior lights and the hatch lights turned off, but now when press the brake pedal the hatch lights turn back on,and when I release the brake pedal the lights turn off. so I am wondering if the problem is at the brake switch or elsewhere, any replies would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Default RE: electrical gremlin!! please help

HI seen problem beforego in the trunk on the left (driver side) and lift trunk mat and remove the side plastic panel and you will find the wiring harness for the rear lights -in the harness theres a connector - you most likely find corroded or broken wire -