Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

03-06 slave cylinder spring removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:37 AM
Default 03-06 slave cylinder spring removal

Hey all the tib owners out there. If you haven't already I highly recommend removing the fluid restriction spring from your slave cylinder. Its an easy small cheap mod and if done right it causes clutch peddle to be lighter but firmer, causes your clutch to engage faster and is easier to feel what your clutch is doing and have better control over it. Under performance driving this mod will help reduce clutch slippage due to the spring. Its not a dramatic change but it is a good one. The springs purpose is to slow down clutch engagement by restricting fluid flow and pressure for "idiot" drivers but really all it does is cause engagement to be unpredictable and sometimes bouncy. It also aids under harder driving the slipping of the clutch which causes faster wear and tear on factory clutch. Hyundai factory clutches are not up for extra abuse. With mine gone My car actually shifts smoother and faster but is still a breeze to drive even in stop and go traffic. It actually feels like a clutch and manual should if not better. If you do this mod I also recomend that when you replace the clutch fluid (brake Dot 4) you replace it with full synthetic brake fluid (mobil 1). Do it guys and do it right. You will not be disapointed if your used to driving manual transmissions. Go to www.newtiburon.com and browse for the post that gives the detailed directions to due this mod.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Default RE: 03-06 slave cylinder spring removal

Has this improved the life of the clutch?

I have a 2004 Tiburon GT Limited

I have had 2 clutches go bad and have only had it for 15000 miles (40000 total miles on the car).

1st time. I had a Fidanza flywheel and aftermarket stage 1 clutch & pressure plate installed (I dont recall the manufacturer). It lasted 6000 miles.

Now is the 2nd time. Fidanza flywheel and Stage 3 OFE Series clutch & presure plate from South Bend Clutch (south Bend, IN). Slave cylinder mod done. Clutch gets instaled 12/13 /06

Old 12-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Default RE: 03-06 slave cylinder spring removal

Causes clutch engagement to be more precise. This caused less slippage. Its not a huge difference in the feel but its a necessary mod.