Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

Tucson Alignment & General Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Default Tucson Alignment & General Problems

Hello all!
I am a Tucson Owner from the Dominican Republic and I would appreciatte dearly any help that I can get withSeveral issues I have encountered, I hope this is not too overwhelming for you so I'll post 2 at a time. I just bought this car 4 Months ago.

1) ALIGNMENT: When I am on the Highway the car pulls slightly to the right. I took it to an alignment shop and they told me it was perfect. I also checked the tire pressure and it's ok. Has anyone else encountered this?

2) CARD HOLDER: There is a small card holder (next to the clock) that has spring action to it. It is very useful for holding ID cards and similar. Well I put too many business cards in it and it does not wotk anymore, I think I broke it. Can I buy a replacement part for it? Do you think I can fix it myself by dismounting the dash board?

Any comment that can help me out would be thanked. Thanks and regards to all
MM

Old 06-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Default RE: Tucson Alignment & General Problems

Hi Macnolos;

Read below for some feedback...

ORIGINAL: macnolos

Hello all!
I am a Tucson Owner from the Dominican Republic and I would appreciatte dearly any help that I can get withSeveral issues I have encountered, I hope this is not too overwhelming for you so I'll post 2 at a time. I just bought this car 4 Months ago.

1) ALIGNMENT: When I am on the Highway the car pulls slightly to the right. I took it to an alignment shop and they told me it was perfect. I also checked the tire pressure and it's ok. Has anyone else encountered this?
Here in the USA, I have a 4WD and asked about something similar. My Tucson has a tendancy to drift alittle. I am told this is normal because I have 4WD.

What I suggest is that you take a drive on a road that you know to be flat, and does not have any groves cut into the road, and see if you experience the same problem.

Also, watch your tire wear. Tire wear is a great indication of your vehicle is not aligned properly.

2) CARD HOLDER: There is a small card holder (next to the clock) that has spring action to it. It is very useful for holding ID cards and similar. Well I put too many business cards in it and it does not wotk anymore, I think I broke it. Can I buy a replacement part for it? Do you think I can fix it myself by dismounting the dash board?

Any comment that can help me out would be thanked. Thanks and regards to all
MM
You should be able to contact the dealer where you bought your Tucson, and order the part.

LB
www.TucsonDrivers.com

Old 06-16-2006, 01:46 AM

Remember most roads are crowned for water drainage.As for 4wd are supposed to pull,, well thats a line.If a vehicle is aligned within spec, 4wd or not it should not pull.

Old 06-16-2006, 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: hyundai tech

Remember most roads are crowned for water drainage.As for 4wd are supposed to pull,, well thats a line.If a vehicle is aligned within spec, 4wd or not it should not pull.
I agree. Up to a point. Not all roads are cut equally. Here in SoCal for example, we have many different fwys, each with there own cuts. Largely due to the decade in which they were built and technology becoming available as each was done.

Herin... you need to get the vehicle onto a well know flat road. One a technician is fairly familiar with, to determin whats truth and what's not.

The drifting I mentioned about the 4WD. It's true. Guessing from your forum ID, your a true Tucson Technician?

Then its a well known fact that the 4WD inherently will drift some. Both left and right. Not alot mind you. It's suttle, but I noticed it the first week I got mine and inquired with... Let just call him, my Hyundai Technician for the time being.

Now if macnolos Tucson is doing more than drifting, then, you've got something more that needs to be looked at.

Hyundai tech... Since your hear, and to help our friend out... Why not shed some light on what your thoughts are on what you think the cause of the problem could be?

Old 06-16-2006, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: hyundai tech

Alot of vehicles dont come with caster adjustments available...the above mentioned coupled with lack of caster adjustment is normal...so basiclly all vehicles without caster adjustability "are supposed to pull" to the right a little...this doesnt bother me so much, as the wheel being slightly off center to counter act the slight pull does.

BTW, Im just assuming the Tucson doesnt have adjustable caster...am I wrong?

Old 06-21-2006, 06:11 AM

Your correct. The Tucson does not have a caster adjustment.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Hey, Thank you all for your help. I must say that the drifting has gone now that I have used the vehicle more, I guess it might have been the tires, since I have had a couple of flats and rotated them. It might be that or I have just gotten used to it inadvertently. Thanks again for your valuable input.