General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Default Electrical issue

Ihave a 2004 hyundai elantra about a week ago I lost the control of the passenger side rear woindow from the control panel on the driver side door. I could not get the window to roll down but i can get it to roll up. A few days later i ran into the same issue with the driver side rear window. I should note that i have no problem using the windows from the control on their respective door. Neither one of these are major issues but i am beginning to think that they were the first signs of a bigger electrical issue. When i came home tonight i noticed that myside marker lightsin the frontare flashing along with the lights at the top of the light cluster in the rear. My key fob doesnot work and i have nottried to start the car yet. Any ideas on what may be causing this.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Default RE: Electrical issue

How long have you had this car? Are you saying that you can't control the windows from the Driver's Control Panel? If you are familiar with electronics, and mechanical stuff. Try taking the Control Panel out, and then try to take it apart... and clean the leads on the actual switch... If you are uncomfortable with doing that, then you might have to buy a new one. But, just be very carefull taking it apart.. Now, if you don't have any mechanical/technical experience, please don't try taking it apart... Might end up breaking something. But, it can be done, if you are carefull... Would save you some money, instead of buying a new one.

As far as the lights go... i'm not sure how the lights on there are supposed to flash. Are you talking about when the directional lights are flashing? or when you hit the brakes? Some cars actually flash the side marker light, along with the ones in the rear.. thats pretty much why i was asking how long that you had this car, you would have noticed something different.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

If you have less than 60,000 miles on the car, take it to the dealer. This should be covered under warranty, even if you're not the original owner.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:29 AM

have you figured out what is wrong? Did you go to the dealer?