General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Entourage squeaking noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Default Entourage squeaking noise

Hi,

There is a loud squeaking noise in our Entourage 2007. The noise is coming from the rear right corner beside the back seat. The noise sounds like 2 metal components rubbing together. The dealer told me that it is a design issue and noting can be done about it but I’m not convinced that they did a test drive. Does any body have/had the same problem? If so, as it been fixed?

Thank you,
Pierre

Old 02-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Default RE: Entourage squeaking noise

If I have the seats upright, the hooking mechanism that hooks them to the floor will sometimes produce a minor rattle/squeak, but not very loud and not always. Have somebody sit in the back and try to isolate it. I have to listen real hard to hear mine so its is not that pronounced.
Load up the seats with passengers or just heavy objects and see if the noise goes away. If so, check the seat to floor mounts or for loose bolts. Put a drop of oil on the floor hooks, where the seats anchor to them and see. If it is loud and steady, then its probably something else and insist on them finding and fixing it. Take the tech on a drive with you and have him listen to it. No noise is good or "normal" on a car. "normal to the car" is an excuse for their inability to fix it. Does it diminish or go away when you apply the brakes? If so it is the shims on the pads. Thats no big deal as it just needs to be replaced/cleaned but does not affect the brakes.

Your spare(at least thats what they call it) tire is mounted under the floor boardand behind the passenger seat, but not all the way in the back. Is it wound tight?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 AM
cob

My Entourage has already been in the shop once to fix the squeaking noises. It's heading back next Tuesday for round #2. The sounds come from the rear door and the back side panels. It sounds like a mix between a 1000 squeaking mice and 2 pieces of styrafoam being rubbed together. IT is very load and very annoying!!! I've had no other issues with the van but this problem effects the quality of day-to day driving. I'll let you know how my service goes next week.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 PM

cob, this is exactly what I'm experiencing. Just by reading your description I can ear the noise in my head. It’s driving me nuts. If your dealer fixes it, please give me all the details.I'll go backto my dealer with the details and have them fix it.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:09 PM

cob, have they fixed the problem?