General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Default help please

hi i bought an accent and the a.b.s light stays on and ome times the car judders and its got clicking sound that sounds its in the dash please help or have i just sunk 600 pound car has 96000 on it and its on a W plate thanks

Old 02-09-2010, 08:30 PM

did you buy it with these conditions?? if so, i am sorry to hear that. you will need to get the code(s) retrieved for the abs system to specify what is going on, but you could do a quick check under the vehicle to each wheel to verify the abs cables are not chaffed.

as for the noise in the dash, it could be almost anything. perhaps even a wee chipmunk taking up residence in the dash. i cannot tell from this end of the pond, you see. however, you could have a speedometer head that is making noise. when does it make noise?? while idling, driving, over bumps, and such. this is all very useful information that would help making a diagnosis (or some sort of sophisticated guess, even) to point you in the general direction.

i would suggest though, that you spend a little bit of money to get the rest of the vehicle looked over. no sense throwing away your hard earned money on a car that isn't going to be worth fixing. this is what i would have suggested to you in the first place before you spent your cash, but now you know.

i'm actually curious, though, to see of you *do* oin fact have a chipmunk in the dashboard, so you need to keep me informed.

df