General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problem pairing phone in 2010 tucson

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Post Problem pairing phone in 2010 tucson

Having trouble pairing Samsung Alias 2 in 2010 tucson the system says pairing complete but it then just rings with a call waiting signal. Locks up the menu until I disconnect blue tooth on the phone. Any thoughts.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 PM

We just bought a new 2010 Tucson today and we are having the same problem pairing our new Alias 2 phones too. We got the same annoying 'phantom ringing and ringing.' I just looked under Hyundai's Bluetooth phone compatibility list, the Alias 2 phone is not on there. I don't know what we can do to resolve this problem??!!!!

Old 03-06-2010, 08:47 PM

09-GI-001-2

DESCRIPTION:
Several Hyundai models come equipped with a Port or Dealer installed Bluetooth accessory kit. This Bluetooth accessory allows
for hands-free communication with a compatible Bluetooth-enabled cellular phone.
Individual service replacement components, along with the appropriate Warranty Op Codes, are now available.
This bulletin provides the information necessary to diagnose and repair an installation.
If the accessory is functioning normally and the customer concern is use-related, the customer should refer to their AI BlueConnect
owner’s manual or contact AI directly at:
Web Site
www.jciblueconnect.com (tutorial & phone compatibility list)
Customer support
1-888-528-7930 (AI BlueConnect live customer support)
(This information is also found in the AI BlueConnect owner’s manual and the Quick Reference Guide.)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Most issues related to the Accessory Bluetooth’s performance can be directly attributed to the cellular phone and/or the cellular
signal strength. Issues such as poor sound quality, static/noise, intermittent performance, and dropped calls are typically caused
by poor signal strength between the customer’s phone and their cellular service provider. This Bluetooth Accessory is NOT a
‘signal booster’ and will only produce the same level of performance that the customer would receive if they used their phone in the
same geographic area without the Bluetooth device.
PROCEDURE:
1. Consult the customer and obtain the exact nature of the problem (e.g. completely inoperative, sound quality is poor, etc.) and
the make & model of their cellular phone.
2. Check phone compatibility at www.jciblueconnect.com or by calling 1-888-528-7930. If the phone is not listed as compatible,
advise the customer that their phone is not compatible.
3. If the phone is listed as being compatible, proceed with the following diagnostic steps.
4. Refer to the power harness diagram and circuit-fuse matrix (pg.2) to check the BATT, ACC, and GND circuits.
5. Once these circuits are determined to be good, proceed to the following pages for detailed diagnostic steps.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:12 PM

I have seen this complaint on multiple Hyundai forums, going back to the introduction of the Alias 2. I believe the hands free the H uses is made by Johnson Controls, Inc. I have a customer service request in with them now and will let everyone know what i find out. Seems like someone at Hyundai, JCI, Verizon or Samsung would be interested in fixing this problem. I thought that Bluetooth was a well defined standard and one would think that two Korean companies would make products that would work with each other! Yet another failure to care about the customer!!