General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 03:42 PM
Smile Question

Hoping you can help me:
I owned a 2004 Black Hyundai Tiburon (that suffered a horrible accident internally)
I was on Hwy 401 passing 2 lanes of semi's.
3 in right lane (truck lane),
4 semi's (center lane)passing the 3 in the right lane
and I was passing 'all' on the far left passing lane
when the front truck of the four lost trailer rubber in my path. It entered under my skirt and rolled around under there.
Needless to say.. steel belted did a job.
ANYWAY:
I bought a 2005 Red Tiburon and I'm using parts from my 2004 for parts etc that are compatible.
I got it confirmed that the doors are compatible but would like to know if anyone can tell me about disconnecting
the 'electrical' when the door leaves it's hinges. The body on the doors is better to work with as the 2005 doors are suffering body wise!
Is there a 'how to' video or guide available or some free education / knowledge anyone can share?
I see info on replacing mirrors etc.. but I need to know about 'how' / what I need to do for the electrical. I have electric windows, mirrors etc that run
from the drivers door.. but I'll start with the passenger one's first to see what I'm up against.
Thank you so much in advance for any info you can offer!
Cindy